Did you say yes?
Waiting to get Engaged?
“He that can have patience can have what he will.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, so no worries ladies!
Did you know that the most engagements happen between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day then the entire year combined.
* December is still the most popular month of the year to get engaged (19%).
* The average length of engagement is 14.7 months.
* Today’s average bride is 28 years old, and her groom is 29.
* Prior to getting married, 80% of couples live together, and 66% do prior to engagement.
* Before marriage, 30% of couples have children, and 10% already have children together.
* Only 64% of couples are having engagement photos taken.
If you did get engaged, enjoy the time It’s the most romantic, beautiful time that the two of you will share. Wear your ring proud and take your time making your plans.
Reflect on what brought the two of you together.
Oh- get a manicure! Trust us you will feel better showing off the bling with a great coat of paint!
Once you set the date. Find your Venue…hint hint. ( We take care of all the details)
Find your photography style. Research local vendors. Ask for referrals. Shop around.
Here are some great Tips on finding your wedding Photographer
1. Since you are going to be spending quite a bit of time with your photographer, you need to get to know them. When you are comfortable with someone it truly shows. Get to know their philosophy, research their website. Read the reviews from real couples. Not just on the photographers website but public sites like weddingwire, the knot, etc. Go into the forums on the sites- you will hear the real deal there.
2. This may seem like a given- but make sure you like them. They may have amazing work, but not every personality will jive with yours and your significant other.
3. Ask them about the lighting they use. Ask to see other picture with flash and without so you will see the difference and that way you will know where you will want a majority of your photos taken. A qualified photographer will know how to capture the photos in a dimly lit room. Make sure you are okay with how they work in a room that may only be lit with candles if that’s the look you are going for.
4. What do you get for your money? Ask away. What is included? Things like second shooters, additional hours, hi-res JPGs, albums, and engagement sessions. If the files aren’t included that is an important issue. What good are these great photos if you don’t get the files? You can always buy additional albums, wall art, and prints etc later. Ask how long does it will take to get your photos 2 weeks vs 2 months is a big difference. Know everything before signing a contract.
5. Decide your photography style. Do you like photojournalism, naturalism, or modern traditionalism? Don’t get caught up in what the photographer calls their style- look at their portfolio, does their work speak to you? Proof is in the photo.
Remember to always listen to your heart but look at the facts as well. These photos will last a lifetime.
If you need some help contact us we would love to assist you!
Email us or Call us 305.553.2881